Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders\\' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset?, Weiser?, Baldwin?, National Hardware?, Stanley?, FANAL?, Pfister?, EZSET?, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders\\' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and managing all activities related to the Denison manufacturing facility including, but not limited to the following: leadership of all plant activities and personnel to deliver quality products on time to our customers and at a profit. This must be accomplished in an environment where safety is first and a balanced \"lean\" attack continually achieves and improves quality, housekeeping, customer service, productivity, asset management and supplier relations. Model the Spectrum Brands Values & Behaviors to achieve service excellence, meet and exceed organizational objectives and support fiscal responsibility.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* (15%)Coordinates and drives plant senior staff to achieve daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial commitments to the corporation.
* (10%) Develops working relationship with other factories. Leads working groups coordinating activities and improvements within North American Manufacturing
* (10%) Reviews key plant metrics with plant senior staff to insure corporate commitments are achieved. Continually reviews and modifies short and long-term plans that maintain and achieve key metrics. Key metrics as follows: Safety, Asset Protection, Quality. Delivery, Productivity, Fixed capital efficiency (OEE), Inventory, Scrap/Shrink, and Controllable/Fixed Spending.
* (10%) Directs manufacturing and delivery of high quality products on time.
* (5%) Travels to customer, vendor and support groups as required.
* (10%) Coordinates and drives plant senior staff to achieve all Lean/Productivity activities as determined by the corporation. Develops and reviews lean strategies to continually lower product cost through improved quality, yields, and cycle times.
* (10%) Communicates regularly with customers, corporate support functions, and Supply Chain to achieve all corporate cultural, financial, and customer commitments.
* (15%) Communicates to all plant employees all commitments and goals that achieve all corporate cultural and financial commitments and each employee's portion to help the plant achieve those commitments. Holds regular reviews with employee base to communicate where the plant is in relation to achieving its commitments.
* (10%) Insures plant senior staff is communicating plant key metrics to entire employee base, and regularly monitor meetings to insure adequate levels of communication and support are occurring.
* (5%) Reviews competitor and non-competitor base against current core competencies to insure current levels required to maintain a world-class level of cost, customer service, productivity, quality and technology.
Education and Experience Profile
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 10 years of high volume manufacturing experience with increased responsibility levels including multi-site responsibility.
* Direct and indirect experience to include: Production, Engineering, Quality, EH & S, Human Resources, Materials, Supply Chain, Lean Six Sigma, Sourcing, Maintenance/Facilities, and Accounting.
* Ideal candidate should have experience leading multiple sites as this role may evolve to a larger role.
* Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong ability to influence people and a high level of ownership for decisions and projects.
* Financial literacy in P&L and Balance Sheet equations.
* Lean Six Sigma trained and demonstrated competency.
* Supply Chain / Materials Management exposure.
* Achieving Commitments - Always understands our desired outcome. Consistently delivers on both our individual and collective commitments in disciplined ways.
* Great People - Hires, develops, leads and retains the most capable, motivated, and ethical people. Successfully resolves performance issues if and when they occur. Acts with integrity.
* Raise The Bar - Does better every time and every day in every situation. Creates and accomplishes continually increasing standards of excellence.
* Focus - Identifies key priorities and takes action to drive priorities to successful completion. Does first things first, then second things second, etc.
* Boundarylessness - Works in the best interests of all - within and across functions, levels. When something is broken, regardless of responsibility, takes the action needed to fix it.
* Attitude - Consistently demonstrates, inspires and takes pride in all that we do. Capitalizes on the opportunities that exist in every situation. Never accepts CANNOT DO!
* High Energy - Consistently demonstrates exceptional enthusiasm, energy, and drive.
* Urgency - Does what can and should be done right now as quickly and effectively as possible.
* Risk Taking - Takes reasonable and well thought through risks. If mistakes occur initially, learns from them to increase future success. Takes initiative and isn't afraid to take untested or new approached and actions.
* Impact vs. Activity - Does what's important and worth doing as efficiently as possible. Always eliminates wasteful or redundant activity and effort.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and non-climate controlled manufacturing facility.
Must be able to occasionally travel domestically and internationally.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Associated topics: associate director, director finance, general operational manager, operation, operational manager, organizational culture, recruit, senior director, staff, supervise