Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world s largest wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. We currently have an opening for an HR Associate Relations Generalist.
The HR Associate Relations Generalist serves as the first point-of-contact for current and former employees to advise, coach, and support employees and managers on a broad range of employee issues. Provides support services with a high degree of customer satisfaction, expertise, and timeliness. Includes evaluating and analyzing the employee concern, quickly interpreting the situation, determining the appropriate resolution, transaction and/or escalation, and communicating the resolution and/or escalation to the employee. This role also interacts as needed with other HR Professionals, Managers, Operations Management, Loss Prevention, and Legal to ensure consistent application and compliance of company policy in line with federal and state regulations. Delivers appropriate recommendations for disciplinary action, performance concerns, HR policy interpretation, employee complaints, and employee disputes.
- Counsels and guides others on employee related issues by thoroughly investigating and resolving concerns; while appropriately documenting case details and relevant information in the call service management system
- Escalates complex/difficult concerns to the HR Manager or others when appropriate
- Utilizes procedures, policy manuals, knowledge base and other reference materials to assist in resolving issues within identified service level agreements
- Integrates effectively with team members; seeking input/assistance as needed. Strives to gather and share evidence and facts to allow for transparent knowledge transfer and effective overall capability of HR
- Provides feedback to Manager on call trends, process gaps, identified root causes, and recommended creative solutions for continuous improvement and reduction of escalated issues
- Collaborates effectively with HR, Field Managers, Loss Prevention, Legal and others on an as-needed basis regarding employee relations concerns requiring escalation and/or notification
- Coordinates review with Loss Prevention and Legal for guidance as appropriate in addressing cases that may result in potential legal action
- Completes additional HR projects as requested
- 5-10 years of HR experience in a concentration such as Associate Relations or as an HR Generalist; Experience in the retail industry preferred
- Bachelor s degree preferred and/or PHR
- Working knowledge of federal and state law regulations as they pertain to employee relations, benefits (including leave administration), compensation, and payroll
- Skilled at MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HR Systems
- Call center experience and knowledge of call service management software preferred
- May be on the phone for up to 85% of working hours
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills (including professional telephone etiquette)
- Ability to provide ethical, high quality, timely, professional, and positive customer service
- Strong Critical Thinking Skills: Ability to make sound decisions and provide direction in the context of manager counseling and conflict resolution in accordance with corporate policies
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment/building Relationships
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to meet or exceed established service level expectations
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability.
Associated topics: advisor, business partner, consultant, generalist, hrbp, human resources associate, human resources generalist, officer, operations partner, representative