Essential Duties and Responsibilities (additional responsibilities may be assigned)
* Display product knowledge and leverage local market intelligence.
* Build key relationships with top accounts within respective channel.
* Surveys market area to detect business trends and opportunities for new products or new applications for existing products. Assists in the development of sales forecasts. Plans for sales activities by forecasting conditions, defining objectives and strategies and securing resources.
* Ensures execution of team quotas and orders.
* Controls performance by measuring and reporting results, evaluating and correcting performance and administering policies and procedures. Organizes activities by structuring the organization, delegating work, defining relationships, and staffing positions. Provides leadership in making decisions, developing personnel, communicating with and motivating staff.
* Prepares and executes appropriate promotions in coordination with state ABC laws. Job duties include working nights and weekends on promotional activities and other account activities. Owns local or account specific promotion activity as well as Merchandising/POS allocation.
* Effectively influence full book resources despite lack of direct reporting structure. Set priorities for full book District Managers and representatives to ensure brands are amplified and top of mind. Provide execution guidelines and influence to full book District Managers. Drive agenda with full book District Managers - constantly verify priorities are being supported. Provide critical \"street level\" market knowledge and communicate opportunities.
* Achieve volume goals assigned to respective distributor teams. brand volume performance targets met. Maintain or grow distribution levels within area of responsibility.
* Conduct training sessions and monitor adherence to brand standards throughout area of responsibility. Ensure appropriate and approved training events twice annually.
* Plans and participates in general market sales meetings. Prepares and maintains required paperwork, reports, and records.
* Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree from four-year College or university preferred; four or more years related experience, preferably management work with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language, Mathematical, and Reasoning Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents (i.e. such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals), write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, in addition to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished (in written, oral, or diagram form) and to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Office Suite software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and etc.), and order processing systems (such as Logility, Microstrategy, and etc.) or the aptitude to learn. Other technology used in this occupation: customer relationship management CRM software and data base user interface and query software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
* Requires a current, valid state driver's license.
* Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company.
* Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License - Texas)
Other Requirements: Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Republic National Distributing Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. This policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.