Professional Performance Development Group, Inc. (PPDG) is seeking a full-time Clinical Psychologist to provide care to our military men and women and their beneficiaries.Place of Performance:
Naval Health Clinic Corpus Christi, TXDuty hours:
Monday through Friday: 0700 to 1800, excluding Federal Holidays. Assigned an 8.5 or 9 hour shift.Requirements
- Possess a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an accredited university.
- Successful completion of a psychologist intern program.
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted license or certification to practice as a psychologist in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- A one year fellowship or residency in health psychology or behavioral medicine OR Possess one year of experience in the last four years in the evaluation and treatment of patients who have pain, psychological factors affecting their physical condition, or difficulty coping with medical problems.
HCW Duties include but are limited to the following:
- Provide two letters of recommendation written within the preceding two years from practicing providers, supervisors or program administrators attesting to the HCW's professional skills, competencies, patient rapport, training abilities, etc. Recommendation letters must include; name, title, phone number, date of recommendation, address and signature of the individual providing the recommendation
- Deliver brief, consultation -based services to patients and PCMs using an integrated care model. Services provided are standard and mimic the structure, function, and pace of primary care (i.e., psychotherapy or other specialty care psychological assessments are inappropriate and therefore prohibited). The PCM is ultimately responsible for the patient's health care plan and makes the determination on how the HCW's recommendations might be integrated into the PCM's plan for the patient.
- Provide timely and succinct feedback to primary care physicians regarding consultations findings and recommendations.
- Determine the appropriateness of the patient receiving services in the primary care setting, and assisting with implementation of treatment plans.
- Formulate behavioral health interventions appropriate to primary care setting, and assisting with implementation of treatment plans.
- Provide brief follow ups, including relapse -prevention education.
For immediate consideration call Andrea Bouchet-Botello at 210-###-#### or apply with resume, salary requirements, and date of availability.
Associated topics: addict, behavior science, behavior scientist, clinical psychiatrist, mental health, psychiatry, psychology, psychotherapist, psychopharmacology, sociology