Job Description & Requirements
Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeon in Texas
On behalf of Cook Children's Medical Center and Health Care System located in Ft. Worth, TX, MillicanSolutions, LLC, the national leader in pediatric physician and executive search for children's hospitals, is pleased to inform you of the inception of a national search for candidates to practice in the Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery program.
The incoming surgeon will be joining the well-established Heart Center team of two invasive pediatric cardiologists, two electrophysiologists and eleven non-invasive cardiologists, seven cardiac specific pediatric anesthesiologists, a dedicated 14-bed Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, 14 bed-Cardiac Stepdown unit and Cardiac pre/post unit. The integrated Heart Center consists of two cardiac catheterization labs, two exclusive cardiovascular operating rooms and one hybrid cath/cardiovascular surgery room. The echocardiography lab consists of 4 rooms, ICEAL accredited with digital capabilities.Other Programmatic Highlights:
About the Company
- Cook Children's Medical Center is a not-for-profit, free-standing, 443-bed quaternary care hospital and one of the country's leading pediatric integrated health systems. Nationally recognized for its efficiency and quality outcomes.
- Established and reputable surgical program led by Medical Director, Vincent Tam, MD.
- Three-star ranked program, publicly reported by the Society of Thoracic Surgery.
- Heart Center dedicated Quality improvement nurse coordinator, Research Project Manager, STS database and PC4 database coordinators.
- Referral base of 15-Cook Children's pediatric cardiologists, regional pediatric cardiologists, and 106-bed NICU.
- System employed referral network of over 400 physicians and over 600 total providers.
- 450+ cardiovascular and thoracic surgery cases (265 bypass) performed annually including ECMO (ELSO recognized Center of Excellence).
- Developing Adult Congenital Heart Disease program (650+ patients).
- Experience in pediatric heart transplant welcomed with the opportunity to be involved in the development of a pediatric heart transplant program.
- Nationally modeled pediatric transport program with both fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters owned by Cook Children's.
- New office and clinic space with access to digital echo, Cardiac MRI, Holter, transtelephonic monitoring, pacemaker checks, exercise stress testing, x-ray, and lab.
- Clinical research support including campus IRB, grant writing support, research nurse, and a dedicated Ph.D. statistician.
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation's leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Job Description & RequirementsPediatric Cardiothoracic Surgeon in TexasStartDate: ASAPOn behalf of Cook Children...
Associated topics: cardiologist, cardiology, cardiothoracic, cardiovascular, chf, congestive, failure, interventional, invasive, non interventional