SITE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
6+ month contract
We are hiring a Site Support Technician for our client in Richardson, TX! The main function of a support technician is to research, design, develop, and test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military or scientific use.
What You'll Do:
- Supervising the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components
- Update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
- Provide technical support to designers, marketing and sales departments, suppliers, engineers and other team members throughout the product development and implementation process.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure that they meet specifications and requirements, by recording and analyzing test data.
- Monitor functioning of equipment and make necessary modifications to ensure the system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
Skills/Experience You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent training/education required.
- 1-2 years of related IT Support experience including following:
- Installing and supporting PC's, printers and servers
- Installing and supporting wired and wireless LAN's
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Associated topics: field installation, field service, field service technician, field technician, install, installation, installation technician, mount, technician