IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The Key Account Specialist is responsible for maximizing sales through successful strategy building, planning and execution, along with other merchandising and promotional techniques. Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with lottery personnel and lottery chain account retailers within a designated account base. This is an intermediate sales position that requires outside/B2B corporate sales experience and a broad knowledge of the CPG/ retail industry. The Key Account Specialist Reports to Key Account Manager
- Develop strong business relationships within varying levels of management for assigned accounts for optimal sales strategy building
- Work closely with District Sales Managers and Lottery Sales Reps to ascertain input regarding sales, potential promotions, or issues affecting accounts being serviced Assist and resolve account specific lottery concerns
- Provide and/or coordinate retailer-training needs
- Act as liaison for exchanging information on Texas Lottery Commission policies and procedures
- Assist districts with corporate account projects and promotions
- Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry and gain additional Key Account contacts
- Improve profitability, penetration, and placement of products with all assigned Corporate Accounts
- Qualify sales opportunities through market/customer research
- Organize and present sales presentations on new products and sales strategies to increase sales of assigned key accounts
- Evaluate/measure promotional results for a retooling of strategies when needed
- Provide regular sales and marketing information to accounts through a variety of venues
- Consistently update performance of assigned key accounts on an ongoing basis to monitor account progress
Forecast and Planning:
- Design, sell-in, coordinate and implement custom promotions. Texas Lottery Commission approval is also required
- Track sales goals and objectives at the account level
- Formulate innovative and impactful marketing and promotional selling strategies tailored for assigned Key Accounts
- Coordinate new store Lottery terminal installations and initial ticket orders for assigned chain accounts
- Bachelor s Degree in business preferred - sales/marketing or related field
- 3 5 years of related CPG sales experience
- Reside in the Lubbock, TX region where the majority of the assigned accounts have their headquarters
- Advanced communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in B2B sales with proven ability to leverage relationships at appropriate levels
- Strong understanding of Texas Market Conditions within Grocery and C-store
- Financial Accountability: Responsible for meeting compliance/sales goals for the respective region.
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively with lottery personnel and lottery retailers
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment or situations is key
- Physical (% time: travel, operating machinery, environmental etc.): Travel is mostly within assigned territory (Lubbock, El Paso, Midland, Abilene, Amarillo, Dallas). Overnight travel is approximately 40%. The expectation is field store visits 2-3 days a week.
- Must have a valid driver s license and pass a background check
Keys to Success
Building collaborative relationships
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal, state, or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
In addition to our competitive benefits package, we offer employees a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, and free identity theft insurance.
Associated topics: account manager, account management, clientele, client service, customer, retail management, sales leader, selling, store associate, vendors wanted