For fifty years, Dynacraft, a division of PACCAR Inc, a diversified global manufacturer of medium and heavy-duty on and off-highway trucks sold under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates, has provided the companys truck manufacturing divisions and the PACCAR Parts service parts division with high quality components, sub-assemblies and specialized services.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Dynacraft, a PACCAR Company, is headquartered in Algona, WA. Dynacraft is a diversified global manufacturer of PACCAR medium- and heavy-duty truck parts sold under Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF nameplates. For more than forty years, Dynacraft has provided the companys truck divisions and PACCAR Parts service parts division with high quality components, subassemblies, and specialized services. Dynacraft has production facilities in Algona, WA, Louisville, KY and Plano/McKinney, TX.
Dynacraft is expanding by opening a third facility in Texas. The first phase of this expansion is starting up operations in a temporary facility in Plano, TX. The Plano operation will operate while we build our permanent Texas facility, planned to be located in McKinney, TX. The Manufacturing Team Leader reports directly to the plant floor Unit Manager and is responsible for hour by hour operation on the plant floor.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Assure team member compliance with safety and quality standards, and recommend necessary process and/or system changes as needed.
- Be in the production area under your responsibility 75% or greater of the time, walking the line to address team member issues related to safety, quality, and delivery.
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment based on requirements
- Ability to work from engineering drawings
- Lead the team members to maximize productivity and efficiency
- Fill-in for absent team members on the line as needed.
- Test and inspect welding surfaces and structures to discover flaws
- Become a Qualified Trainer in all areas under your responsibility.
- Complete process/product audits.
- Assist the Unit Manager in managing the daily production and distribution flow.
- Resolve daily SAP report issues and act as point of contact for identification and resolution of area data process errors.
- Work with Unit Manager and plant floor team members to improve system knowledge base.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to operate independently with little guidance while being a positive contributor to a team environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and make decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a working knowledge of SAP Warehouse Management.
- Ability to lead by example and have a proven record of excellence in attendance, dependability and safety.
- Candidate must be self motivated, well organized, flexible and able to handle the pressure of a high-volume operation.
- Computer literacy is required with a familiarity with MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience with root cause analysis and lean six sigma preferred.
- Must be able to work evening shift.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years of welding experience required.
- Certified Weld Certificate preferred
- Bachelor's Degree (completed or in progress) preferred.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience preferred.
Act with Integrity
Use Sound Judgment / Business Acumen
Drive for Results
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Associated topics: gas metal arc welding, grinder, iron, ironworker, metal, metal inert gas, railing, spot weld, steel, weld