The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Fort Bliss, Texas.
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
Learn more about this agency
* Supervises a staff of 6-19 employees, assigning and reviewing work assignments as needed.
* Plans work schedules, approves or disapproves leave, determines performance objectives and rates performance.
* Serves as Recreation Assistant in support of recreational activities applying practical knowledge or recreational activities and skills in the use of recreation materials and facilities.
* Resolves employee and customer complaints.
* Conducts inventory of equipment as required and completes fire safety checks and secure the facility.
* Keeps tracks of deposits and safe counts in accordance with regulatory guidance.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
### Conditions of Employment
* Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
* Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
* A one year probationary period may be required
* Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
* Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
* Must be able to work a schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays
* Must be able to work outdoors under variable weather conditions
1. Work experience or education directly related to the duties to be performed.
***Please note that this announcement lists education as a qualifier. Transcripts MUST be uploaded with your application packet in order to be considered eligible based on education. Failure to upload transcripts will result in an automatic ineligible rating!***
### Additional information
* Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 2:00 pm MSTon the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
* Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 60 days after the closing date.
* Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
* Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: Applicant Information Kit.pdf
* Pay setting rules will apply to current employees.
* Any individual who was required to register with Selective Service and who is not registered or knowingly and willfully did not register before the requirement terminated or became inapplicable to the individual, will not be appointed.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
* NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
* NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
* NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
* NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
* NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
* NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
* NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
**The following documents must be submitted with your application:**
**Optional:** Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
***The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:***
* PCS Orders, Marriage Certificate, DA 3434
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
1. **Electronically** (preferred) at and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
2. **Manually**: Please refer to the \"Additional Information\" section of this announcement for instructions.
### Agency contact information
### Raquel Santiago
EQ-NAF-W6CLAA US ARMY GARRISON FT BLISS
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Bliss, TX 79916
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526525100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 03/06/2019 to 03/12/2019
*Pay scale & grade:* NF 3
*Salary:* $27,000 to $31,000 per year
*Appointment type:* Temporary - 1 Year
*Work schedule:* Full-Time